The Ekrin B37S Massage Gun is an excellent product for just about any type of person. It can be used on wrists, neck, back, and it has pressure settings that allow you to change the intensity of your massage.
There is an 8-feet cord, so you can get up and walk around while you massage yourself. Keep reading Ekrin B37S Review, resTORbio will show you all details about this device; we will let you know why you should buy it.
Ekrin B37s Review
- Package Dimensions: 11.81 x 9.84 x 4.25 inches (30 x 25 x 10.8 cm); 2.2 Pounds (0.99 kg)
- Item model number: Ekrin B37S
- Batteries: 1 Lithium-ion battery required. (included)
- Manufacturer: Ekrin Athletics
- ASIN: B08L5BJHQX
- Country of Origin: China
- Color: Green
- Brand: Ekrin Athletics
- Power Source: Battery Powered
Pros and Cons
- 5 variable speeds (2000-3200RPM)
- Ergonomic 15-degree handle
- 6 ultra-comfortable, locking massage heads
- Reactive Force Sensor for real-time message feedback
- Powerful motor
- None so far
The Ekrin B37S will disappoint those who aren’t impressed by the B37’s design. Both are almost identical in size, shape, and weight (2.2lbs). It is almost identical in shape, size, and weight (2.2lbs).
The only differences are the midnight blue soft-touch exterior finish. A slight modification to the upper body to accommodate the Reactive Stall Force Sensor. The new color is simply stunning.
We are not opposed to the original design and have no hesitation in saying so. The 15-degree handle is more ergonomic and versatile than the original design.
The T shape so common in massagers tends not to be as comfortable with regular use. The reason is that gripping the straight handle causes a slight extension of your wrist.
Are you still not convinced? Don’t be afraid to extend your arm out in front. You can make a fist and then tilt your wrist towards you. Do you feel a twinge? Imagine holding a massager weighing 2 pounds in the same place for 5 minutes. It adds up.
Reactive Force Sensor
It is not surprising that one of the most searched terms for massagers is how do I use a massage gun? Although it might seem obvious, there are still many questions, such as how much pressure should I apply?
Ekrin made it easy with the Ekrin b37 percussion massager. They also included a Reactive Force Sensor (RFS).
The RFS kicks in when you apply downward pressure. These hidden blue LED lights are located within the top of your Ekrin B37S body, near the power button.
This allows you to precisely measure how much pressure is being applied and when the recommended pressure for each speed has been reached.
It is so helpful! Even Hyperice and Theragun have included Stall force sensors in their latest models. However, this comes at a steep premium to the Ekrin Athletics B37S massager.
This is a handy feature, and you should get more consistent, predictable results with experience.
Performance and Power
A massage gun’s primary function should be to percuss. If it does not do this well, it is just not worth the investment. We have seen a lot of massagers, and the Ekrin B37s has outperformed all its competitors over time. There are some exceptions, but there are not many.
We never thought of increasing our power. Ekrin Athletics thought otherwise.
While the total output RPMs are unchanged, speeds 1-3 produce 30% more stall force. The lower power spectrum results in a deeper massage, which should satisfy those who like to dig in.
The Ekrin Athletics B37S massager fluctuates gradually between 2000-3200RPM at the highest setting. This variable motion is intended to prevent muscle fatigue and muscle confusion. Although it may seem extreme, studies have shown that variable pressure patterns can help relieve chronic pain.
You might be curious about how battery life will change with an increase in power. You will be happy to learn that the new model’s battery life is the same as the old one. It can last anywhere from 6-8 hours of battery life, depending on how it is used.
New and Improved Attachments
Although they may not be the most exciting feature of a massager attachment massage head, they are crucial in determining the level of comfort and enjoyment. Ekrin now offers two additional silicon-tipped attachments.
Silicon is more flexible and will reduce the percussive effect. This is an intelligent addition. You can choose to use massage tips if you don’t like feeling pulverized to a pulp.
Massage heads included:
- Round Ball: Ideal for large muscle groups
- Silicon Round Ball: Ideal for sensitive areas and with a lower overall impact
- Bullet: Target specific areas, such as the muscle/tendon attachments and other areas that require precision
- Flat: The Jack of All Trades, Use anywhere attachment
- Fork: Use it along the spine, neck, or Achilles tendon.
- Silicone Cone: Ideal for delicate areas around your spine and other bony joints
Ekrin not only added the massage head attachments but also made them more functional. This is a first, and we haven’t seen it offered yet by any other companies. The included massage heads include a locking mechanism to ensure they stay in place.
Most massage heads are held in place with rubber o-rings. They are usually very effective, but they eventually wear out, and the massage head can become a flying projectile.
We find the locking mechanism to be very useful in practice. It makes it easier to remove the heads and make them safer. There are a few attachment heads on massagers that are almost impossible to remove. As a mortal trying Mjolnir’s hammer, Thor’s.
We have reviewed another device of this brand, and you may want to see: https://www.restorbio.com/ekrin-b37-review/
How can I use the B37S Percussion Massager?
Here are some guidelines for using the Ekrin B37S Massager.
1. Before placing the Ekrin athletics B37S deep massager on your body, always turn it on.
2. Speeds 1-3 are for muscle recovery, More Power with speed 4-5 for a soothing massage or to warm up muscles before a workout.
3. The Ekrin Athletics B37S deep massager can be used to glide on the muscles that require the most attention, and it will do the rest. Slowly move the B37S up and down, applying light to moderate pressure as necessary.
4. Relax and breathe to let your muscles relax while the B37S does its job.
Innovative ergonomics are featured in the B37S Percussion Massager, including its angle handle at 15 degrees. The tower grip and this feature allow you to hold it in many different ways. This makes it easy to reach hard-to-reach places like your back.
How long should I use B37S?
Your Ekrin Athletics B37S Percussion Massager should be used for no more than 15 seconds per muscle group. Maximum 2 minutes. Maximum 15 minutes per session. Depending on the desired outcome, you may need to do 2-3 sessions per day.
30 SECONDS = MUSCLE EXERCISE
To activate your muscles and wake up, glide your B37S massager for 30 seconds over the desired area before you start your workouts.
15 SECONDS = MUSCLE ACTIVATION
A quick 10-15 seconds session on each muscle group can activate muscles after a workout or other activity. This will re-energize the muscles and promote maximum blood flow by removing lactic acid.
2 MINUTES = PAIN RELEEF & RECOVERY
For sore muscles after a workout, glide your Ekrin Athletics B37S deep massager gently for at least 2 minutes. This will reduce soreness and speed up recovery.
Who Is It Best for?
Ekrin is designed to enhance athletic performance. Its powerful performance and deep penetration capability are the reasons.
Nevertheless, its less bulky design makes it quite versatile. It is also recommended for personal use, especially if you enjoy strong massages at home. This massager is also great for professional masseuses and chiropractors due to its superior build and stall force.
The Ekrin B37s is a premium massager at a fraction of the price of Theragun Pro.
The biggest question we get is about the B37s and the B37 massage gun. We decided to include this discussion in our Ekrin B37s review.
Let’s start with the similarities. The Ekrin massagers share the same amplitude and design. They also have the same size, weight, noise levels, and shape. To enjoy a 20% discount, you can also use the same MGA20 code with both models.
- B37s have 30% more stall force, thanks to a progressive system.
- The updated version features a dynamic 5th Speed Level that alternates between high beats and low beats. It cycles between 2400 and 3200 ppm.
- It now has a range of 2000-3200 ppm. This compares to the 1400-3200 range offered in the B37 massager.
- The unit now has a retroactive force meter. The LED lights at its top allow you to keep track of how much stall force you apply.
- Six attachments are available on the B37s as opposed to the four that come with the B37 massager. The new heads are the cone head and the silicone ball head.
- The lockable head design keeps it in place, despite constant vibrations and massage movement.
- Visually, the B37s have a green color scheme, while the B37s have a darker blue.
- The B37s are more expensive in terms of affordable price.
- It is easy to see the B37s as an upgrade to the B37 massager. The B37s is equipped with many new features and specs. These work together to give you the best gun massage possible.
The new B37s are more suited to the most demanding users who require extreme power and may take advantage of the extra features.
It does come with a $100 difference which some users may find too expensive. In this instance, it’s worth considering the B37 massager, which is a more robust and more versatile massage gun.
Best Alternative To Ekrin B37s
- Noise Level: 60-75 DB
- Motor: Brushless
- Frequency: 20Hz, 30Hz, 35Hz, 40Hz, 45Hz
- Stall Force: First level – 26lb, Second level – 133lb, Third level – 48lb, Fourth level – 57lb, Fifth level – 70lb
- Amplitude: 12mm
- Watts: 80w
- Battery: rechargeable lithium ion battery 24V DC
- Battery life Charge: 3hrs varies by speed
- Power: 600mAh
- Included Attachments: 5 spinal, bullet, fingertip, round, flat head
- Weight: 2.5lbs
- Product size: 10×7.5
- Grip Size: 6inch full 2inch half
LifePro’s handheld design is not the best, but it is an example of the most delicate construction. It comes in four colors, just like all LifePro massagers.
The design is straightforward. However, the handle that acts as battery life is slightly curved for LifePro Sonic ergonomic. The power button is placed under your index during power grip, which makes it unique.
LifePro Sonic’s LED Display is another distinguishing feature. These features were first introduced by LifePro sonic in the massage gun.
It is priced at a fraction of Hypervolts and Theraguns, but it has excellent Built-Quality. LifePro Sonic is the most affordable for its manufacturing quality.
LifePro Sonic is an excellent value for money. We are impressed by its build-quality and simple design.
Lifepro advertises the gun as a personal massager, but given its abilities, I would call Lifepro’s product more of a full-body massager than a personal one.
Lifepro markets their device as having 32 different intensity levels (the ability to adjust from very light pressure and speed to heavy pressure and rate) and seven vibration modes (3 speeds on each way; 2 deep vibrations and three shallows ones.)
- Stall force of 70 Pounds
- Package Dimensions 12.2×9.21×3.82 inches
- Item Weight 3 pounds
- 5-speed settings
- From 1,320 to 2,880 percussions/minute
- Two-hour battery life
Addaday Biozoom massage guns deserve a lot of credit for creating a memorable first impression with the Biozoom Edge massage guns.
The Addaday Biozoom is unique for a few different reasons. You’ll be greeted by a bright yellow smiley-face antenna ball when you open the convenient carrying case.
What you are seeing isn’t the latest Jack-in-the-Box antenna ball. The box contains five unique attachments, and the squishy smiley face is one of them.
This device is built to a high standard. Good luck finding any blemishes, uneven seams, or misprinted text. Addaday’s manufacturing standards are very high, which can’t be said about many other massagers these days.
Addaday wants to make the BioZoom edge stand out in several ways. It is pitched as quieter than other massage guns, and I found the motor to be less buzzy and loud than some of the other massagers I have tested. Although noise is not a significant issue, it is nice to notice that the motor is quieter.
The Addaday BioZoom Edge is built to last and has a soft-touch handle that allows for a comfortable grip. You can also use the directional buttons to control the mode, check Bluetooth connectivity, and assess the battery percentage.
Swapping the different massage heads was easy, which is a big plus, considering I had to use pliers to attach one to another massage gun! It also has a hard-on/off switch, so it’s easy to know if it’s on or off.
Addaday BioZoom Edge devices use a proprietary charger rather than a micro-USB/USB-C connection. It’s not a significant issue, but it can limit portability in that you will need another charger for traveling instead of having the ability to use a universal cord.
The Ekrin B37S is a helpful tool that a massage therapist can use on patients suffering from chronic impingement syndrome of the shoulder, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, and other repetitive strain injuries.
The device is fully adjustable to accommodate the user’s specific needs. The built-in sound chamber amplifies the high-pitched sounds of the rubber band, which is helpful when massaging profound areas of muscle tissue that are difficult to reach or when stretching out tight muscles. We hope that our article can help you learn more about this device.
If you want to see other massage guns on the market now, let’s check out the best massagers right now: https://www.restorbio.com/best-massage-gun/
Video: Ekrin B37s Best massage gun for 2022