Castile soap is a popular choice for body wash, but it can be expensive. This tutorial shows you how to make body wash without castile soap using natural ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen.
How To Make Body Wash Without Castile Soap
This guide will show you how to make your own body wash without the use of castile soap.
DIY Coconut Milk & Honey
Ingredients: Coconut milk, honey, glycerin, lavender oil mix
Direction: Mix half cup coconut oil with 1 tablespoon honey and half a tablespoon of glycerin. Add 2-3 drops of lavender essential oils to the mixture and mix well. Allow the mixture to sit for about half an hour before you use it on your loofah for cleansing. The mixture will give you a spa-like feeling and moisturize your skin naturally. The quantities you choose can be adjusted to suit your needs.
Shelf Life: 2-3 Months
DIY Green Tea & Shea Butter
Ingredients: Green tea leaves, shea butter, and coconut oil, as well as honey
Direction: Boil one cup of green tea leaves. Add in the coconut oil. Let it cool for a few minutes. After about 15-20 minutes, add 1 tablespoon of shea butter to the tea and 1 tablespoon honey. The antioxidants in green tea can reduce damage to your skin.
Shelf Life: 2-3 Months
DIY Citrus Oil Body Wash
Ingredients: Coconut oil, orange peels, glycerin, and jojoba oil.
Direction: Grate the orange peels from two oranges. Then, mix half a cup coconut oil with 1 tablespoon of glycerin.
Allow it to soak for about 15-20 minutes, then add 3-4 drops of jojoba oil and one capsule of Vitamin E.
Shelf Life: 3-4 Months
DIY Rosewater and Jojoba Oil Bodywash
Ingredients: Rose petals, rose water, and jojoba oil
Direction: Take a few rose petals and soak them in rose water overnight. Add a few drops of jojoba oil and mix it up. Use the mixture immediately. This body wash was created for those who sweat a lot. This body wash will not only reduce odor but also keep you smelling fresh throughout the day. You can now use your homemade body wash, even without the castle soap.
Shelf Life: Use immediately
DIY Coconut and Lavender Oil Body Wash
Ingredients: Coconut oil and coconut milk, lavender oil
Direction: Mix equal parts oil and water and add a few drops of lavender oil. Allow the mixture to sit for a while before you apply it. You are now ready to use your homemade body wash recipe. It’s a wonderful treat for your skin thanks to the calming properties of lavender and the moisturizing properties of coconut.
Shelf Life: 2-3 months
DIY Sandalwood & Tea Tree Body Wash
Ingredients: Sandalwood and coconut milk, tea tree oils
Direction: Depending on how much you need, combine coconut milk with tea tree oil. Add a teaspoon of sandalwood. The skin can be healed with coconut oil and tea tree oil, which are rich in Vitamin C. Sandalwood exfoliates and removes sun damage. There you have it. You are now ready to use your homemade body wash recipe.
Shelf Life: 1-2 months
DIY Body Wash with Soap Bar
Sometimes body washes can be expensive. We know they are necessary, so we decided to list down some ways you can make your own body wash using a soap bar and ingredients found around the house. Here are some ways you can make your own body wash using a soap bar.
- Bar of soap of any kind
- A grater and a knife
- A spoon
- Container for your body wash
- Step 1: The first thing you should do is to grate the soap. It is a good idea to have soap that you can easily cut with a knife. Take the mixture out and set it aside.
- Step 2: Heat the soap over boiling water in a large bowl. Either dilute the soap with water or use the soap by itself. The amount of body wash you make will determine how much water you use.
- Step 3: Add extra ingredients to make your body wash even more delicious. You can add coconut oil to increase moisture. Lavender oil can be used to calm the skin. You can also add tea tree oil to reduce acne.
- Step 4: Let the mixture cool and stir the mixture with a spoon to check for consistency. You can add some coconut oil or water to thin the mixture if it becomes too thick. You can add more soap to make it runnier.
- Step 5: Once the mixture has reached your desired consistency, pour it into a jar and you are ready to use your homemade body wash.
Grounded in biology and informed by a large body of scientific research, our mission is to develop innovative medicines that target the biology of aging to prevent or treat aging-related diseases. I am a writer on beauty care. With 5 years of experience writing about beauty, skincare, and wellness, Spiddy has worked with some of the biggest beauty brands in Asia and has been featured in several publications, including Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and Cosmopolitan.