Looking for a fun and easy way to make slime? With just a few simple ingredients, you can make slime using shampoo! This tutorial will show you how to make slime with shampoo, and it’s an excellent activity for kids.
How To Make Slime With Shampoo and Cornstarch
1. In a bowl, add 1/2 cup (120ml) of shampoo. You will get better results with thicker shampoos. You can choose a color or a scent that you love.
2. If you wish, add some glitter or color to the shampoo. You can add some liquid food coloring to the shampoo if it is clear or white. Add glitter to make your slime glittery. Use a spoon to mix everything.
3. 2 1/4 cups (280g) of cornstarch should be added. You can give it a stir using your spoon. For a thicker, runnier, and more liquidy slime, continue reading!
Corn flour is an alternative to cornstarch if cornstarch is unavailable in your area.
4. Mix the water in a tablespoonful (15 milliliters) at once. It is possible to use up to six tablespoons (90ml) of water. Your slime will become runnier the more water you use. You might not need as much water if you are looking for something doughy.
5. Make sure to knead the slime with your hands. The slime should have absorbed all the water and cornstarch that it could. Your slime will be ready for play once it has absorbed all the water and cornstarch. Let it run through your hands, then scoop it out of the bowl.
- Store it in an airtight container once you’re done with the slime.
- To refresh the slime the next day, you may need 1/4 teaspoon of water.
Using Shampoo and Salt
1. Take some thick shampoo and put it in a bowl. Any shampoo can be used, but thicker shampoos are better. You can choose the color and scent you prefer.
2. If desired, add some body wash. This will make your slime thicker. Mix equal parts of shampoo and body pass until you have no streaks.
Your shampoo and body wash should be the same colors, or you will get muddy slime.
3. Add salt to the shampoo until it thickens. Each shampoo reacts differently to salt, so there is no standard amount. Add a pinch of salt to the shampoo and stir it. Continue to add salt, going the shampoo until it becomes a glob.
4. The shampoo should be frozen for 15 minutes. After you’ve created your glob, put the bowl in the freezer. It should remain there for at least 15 minutes.
5. You can play with the slime. The slime will be set once the freezing time has expired. After you’re done with the slime, could you place it in an airtight container? If it becomes too runny, you may need to refreeze it (15 minutes).
Using Toothpaste and Shampoo
1. In a small bowl, combine the 2-in-1 shampoo. It seems that 2-in-1 combination shampoos work best. Select a scent that is compatible with mint.
Plain shampoo can be used, but it should still be thick.
2. You can also add toothpaste. It doesn’t matter if you use gel toothpaste or white toothpaste. The toothpaste you use will be the same as the shampoo.
3. Use a spoon to mix the ingredients. Continue stirring until you get a uniform color and there are no streaks. The shampoo and toothpaste will combine and form a slimy consistency as you go.
4. If necessary, adjust the consistency. You can add more shampoo if the slime is too thick. You can also add toothpaste if the slime is too thin. Add your ingredients and stir the mixture well.
5. You can play with the slime. Although it’s not as thick as store-bought slime, it’s still fun to poke and prod with. Once you’re done with the slime, put it in an airtight container.
How to Make Slime Safely
Protective gear is essential if slime-making is something you plan to do with your children. These chemicals can cause skin and eye irritation. Consider using face masks, gloves, and goggles.
Be close to your children and help them through the process. However tempting they may be, keep them from tasting the mixture. You should always have a bottle of water handy if something gets on the skin or in the eyes.
To choose the best shampoo and conditioner, check our article.
What Shampoo Is Best For Making Slime?
For making slime, three-in-one shampoos work well (body wash, conditioner, and shampoo all-in-one).
How Can You Make Slime Using Shampoo Without Glue, Borax, or Cornstarch?
These are the steps you need to make slime at home.
- Pour shampoo into a mixing bowl.
- Mix shaving cream into the bowl.
- Mix ingredients with a mixing spoon.
- Mix until the mixture has a uniform consistency
- Salt is a good addition.
- Mix until smooth.
- Freeze for 15 minutes
- Take it out and enjoy!
Are Children at Risk from Slime?
It is safe, but not really. The solution often contains chemicals such as glue and borax. Children should not eat the mixture. A small amount may be accidental, but it should not be a problem if the mixture is thrown out immediately.
How Can You Get Slime Out Of Clothes?
White vinegar can be used to wash off the slime. It is well-known that vinegar dissolves slime quickly. It is best to remove the slime solution as soon it falls, as it can become more difficult to remove once it has hardened.
What If I Want To Make The Slime Solutions In Advance and Store Them?
In most cases, you can make it sooner. Borax and glue solutions are good options. It won’t get too hard or break down. It is best to store it in an airtight container.
The slime recipes above show you how to make your slime, and they are also good ideas for new slime inventions! The science behind slime is entertaining, and you can easily play with it at home. Have fun and experiment with different recipes, ingredients, and ways to make slime!
If you have any slime recipes that you have created, feel free to share them in the comments section below. We hope you feel this guide is useful.