Aveeno is a popular skincare brand that many people use for tattoos. However, there is no clear answer as to whether or not Is Aveeno good for tattoos. Some people say that it helps keep tattoos looking fresh, while others say that it can cause them to fade.
So, What is the truth? In this post, Restorbio will provide you full of the needed information.
What Does A Good Tattoo Lotion Look Like?
Before you can decide if the Aveeno brand is suitable for tattoos, it’s essential to understand what a good tattoo lotion should (and shouldn’t) contain.
- Shop for fragrance-free – Some lotions may have chemicals that can irritate tattoos. Instead, avoid them and opt for a fragrance-free lotion.
- Avoid petroleum-based products – Vaseline and other petroleum products can block air movement over tattoos, which is essential for proper healing.
- Dispenser bottles – If possible, purchase lotions in a dispenser container with a pump at its top. This is better than buying lotions in a tub with a high chance of introducing bacteria.
- Non-comedogenic means that the lotion will not clog your pores. This helps your skin breathe.
These are not only for Aveeno. They also apply to any lotion that you purchase for tattoos.
Is Aveeno Good For Tattoos?
Yes, Aveeno products are compatible with tattoos. But not all. We recommend Aveeno’s Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion. It is fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, and lightweight.
It hydrates your skin while allowing it to breathe, which will help with healing. Oat, which has nourishing properties, helps to reduce swelling and redness.
It is a popular recommendation in tattoo communities. You get a large container for a fair price. It can be used twice daily.
How To Properly Wash Your Tattoo
Make sure your tattoo is clean before applying Aveeno. Avoid rubbing the tattoo too hard as this can cause irritation.
- Avoid getting your tattoo wet with water like pools or baths. This can cause bacterial infections. Always shower instead.
- Please turn on the shower and ensure it is lukewarm.
- Use a soap-free, non-scented lotion to rub the tattoo gently.
- Use a paper towel or a towel to dry the area. Avoid rubbing the area.
Properly washing your tattoo prevents infection and keeps pores clear of blood, sweat, and plasma. After you have dried your tattoo and washed it, apply Aveeno to the area.
How To Apply Aveeno To Your Tattoo
It is very easy to apply Aveeno lotion to your tattoo. Before applying Aveeno lotion to your healing tattoo, make sure you wash your hands. Unwashed hands can cause infection and could lead to scarring or disfigurement.
- Use warm water and a soap-free hand wash.
- Apply a thin layer of lotion to the area and cover it with your fingertips.
- Use your fingertips to rub the lotion into your skin using circular motions gently. Continue doing this until you can no longer see the lotion.
- Apply lotion to your skin. Your skin will dry out immediately after you shower.
- Don’t use too much, or your tattoo might not receive enough hydration.
- Contrarily, don’t use too much either.
- Even though Aveeno lotion is not comedogenic, limiting the amount you use is a good idea.
How Often Should You Apply It?
The bandage that the tattoo artist applied should be left on for at least three hours. You will notice that the bandage is contaminated with plasma, blood, and excessive ink. This is normal and part of the body’s healing process.
After that, clean the tattoo area with water and a non-fragrance cleanser. Rinse well. After that, you should carefully dry the area.
After washing your hands, apply a thin layer of Aveeno lotion to the area. After the lotion has fully absorbed, it should be dried and air-dried.
For the first few days, the lotion should be used every four to five hours until the skin begins to dry out and flake. Before applying the lotion, it is vital to clean the area.
For the first few days, tattoo artists suggest that you wrap your tattoo in a wrap at night so it doesn’t get damaged while you sleep. Ask them for their opinion as they are experts and know exactly what they are doing.
How Much Should You Apply?
Do not apply too much lotion to the tattoo. You should only use it sparingly and allow the lotion to absorb into your skin.
Excessive lotion can hinder the healing process and block pores, which could lead to infection and damage to the tattooed skin.
How Long Should You Use It?
Aveeno lotion is safe to use throughout the lifetime of your tattoo. Your skin can become itchy as your tattoo heals. It is normal and part of the healing process. To help keep your skin moisturized, apply Aveeno lotion.
Even after they have healed, tattoos must be moisturized. This will keep your tattoos in good condition and help you to keep the colors vivid.
While there is no one definitive answer to the question of whether Aveeno is good for tattoos, there are a few things to consider. Aveeno is a brand name for a line of products that includes a variety of ointments, lotions, and creams.
Some of these products may be beneficial for keeping tattoos healthy and looking their best, while others may not be as effective. It is up to each individual to decide whether or not to use Aveeno products on their tattoos.
Grounded in biology and informed by a large body of scientific research, our mission is to develop innovative medicines that target the biology of aging to prevent or treat aging-related diseases. I am a writer on beauty care. With 5 years of experience writing about beauty, skincare, and wellness, Spiddy has worked with some of the biggest beauty brands in Asia and has been featured in several publications, including Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and Cosmopolitan.