Do you love wearing sunscreen? I know you do. Sunscreen is an important but often underappreciated element of a healthy skincare routine. It protects your skin against UVA and UVB rays, which can cause sunburn, discoloration, wrinkles, or the development of skin cancer. But there are tons of options out there for sunscreen.
Which one do you choose to protect your skin most effectively? When I’m looking for a new sunscreen product to buy, I try to find one that has both an SPF of at least 30 and contains broad-spectrum coverage . That’s why I have tried this Sheer Joy Sunscreen SPF 50+ .
Bergen Dermatology Sheer Joy Sunscreen SPF 50+ offers you the protection you need for safe fun in the sun. This water-resistant sunscreen glides on smooth and blends easily into your skin without feeling heavy or greasy. Just make sure to apply 15-20 minutes before heading outside as it takes time to absorb fully and set.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of Bergen Dermatology Sheer Joy Sunscreen SPF 50+ and its ingredients.
About Sheer Joy Sunscreen
Bergen Dermatology Sheer Joy Sunscreen SPF 50+ is a sunscreen that provides you with a smooth, even application and a light, pleasant scent. It’s formulated to protect your skin from harmful rays, but it also contains antioxidants like vitamins A and E that help fight free radicals and reduce the appearance of fine lines. This product is ideal for both face and body use.
Moreover, this product offers broad-spectrum protection against UVA/UVB rays and blue light without leaving a white cast. It is ultra-sheer, oil-free, and non-comedogenic.
Daily usage can help prevent noticeable indications of premature aging and skin discoloration brought on by sun exposure and device screens. It is ideal for all skin types and enriched with antioxidant vitamin e, calming bisabolol, and moisturizing components.
In order to give effective UVA/UVB protection while being lightweight enough to wear alone or with makeup, this solution is made with 100 percent mineral zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, and iron oxides.
Sheer Joy Sunscreen Ingredients
This product is formulated with a high concentration of SPF 50, so you can be sure that your skin will be protected from the sun’s harmful rays. The formula also contains Vitamin E, which helps to keep your skin healthy and hydrated.
The ingredients in this sunscreen are:
- Tocopheryl Linoleate: is a type of vitamin E that is used in sunscreen products to protect skin from the sun’s harmful rays. It does this by absorbing UV light, preventing it from reaching your skin and causing damage.
- Ascorbyl Linoleate: is a type of vitamin C that has been shown to have some antioxidant properties. It can be used as an ingredient in sunscreen because it absorbs UV radiation, which helps protect your skin from sunburns and other damage.
- Lycopene: is known to be an antioxidant, which means it can help protect your skin from free radicals that can age your skin or make it look dull. It has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce redness, swelling, and other signs of inflammation on the skin.
- Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17: is a synthetic peptide that helps protect you from harmful UV rays by blocking them. This ingredient is also water-soluble, so it can be applied to the skin without any buildup of product on your hands or in your hair.
- Myristoyl Nonapeptide-3: is a natural ingredient found in plants that helps protect skin from the sun’s harmful rays. It works by absorbing UV light and dissipating it as heat, which means that it can help prevent sunburns and other damage to your skin.
- Ascorbyl Linoleate: is a skin brightening ingredient. It works by inhibiting the production of melanin, the pigment that gives your skin its color. This can help reduce hyperpigmentation, which is caused by sun exposure and aging.
- Glycerin: is a humectant, which means that it attracts and holds moisture. Glycerin is also an emollient, meaning it moisturizes the skin. When applied to your skin, glycerin helps to prevent dehydration and keep your skin soft and smooth.
- Zinc Oxide (14.7%): is an ingredient that acts as a physical sunscreen. It protects skin from UV rays by reflecting them off the skin and preventing them from penetrating into the dermis.
- Titanium Dioxide (3.5%): is a physical sunscreen that protects against UVA and UVB rays. It’s a naturally occurring mineral that’s been used as a sunscreen ingredient for hundreds of years.
Colorant: Titanium Dioxide (3.5%), Iron Oxides
Emollient: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclomethicone, Tribehenin, Dimethiconol, Methicone, Sucrose Palmitate, Lecithin
Emulsifying: Sorbitan Isostearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sucrose Palmitate, Lecithin
Moisturizer/humectant: Dimethiconol, Glycerin
Surfactant/cleansing: Sucrose Palmitate
Viscosity controlling: Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Calcium Behenate, Alumina
Complete List of Ingredients with Function
|Name of Ingredient||Function|
|Zinc Oxide (14.7%)||sunscreen|
|Titanium Dioxide (3.5%)||sunscreen, colorant|
|Dimethicone Crosspolymer||viscosity controlling|
|Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer|
|Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer||viscosity controlling|
|Calcium Behenate||viscosity controlling|
|Alumina||viscosity controlling, abrasive/scrub|
|Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17||cell-communicating ingredient|
|Myristoyl Nonapeptide-3||cell-communicating ingredient|
|Ascorbyl Linoleate||antioxidant, skin brightening|
|Glycerin||skin-identical ingredient, moisturizer/humectant|
|Sucrose Palmitate||emollient, emulsifying, surfactant/cleansing|
The Pros and Cons of Using Sheer Joy Sunscreen
Worrying about sun damage is not something that you should have to do. There are dermatologists in Bergen, NJ that can help you reduce the amount of harmful UV rays that are penetrating your skin by using the Sheer Joy Sunscreen SPF 50+.
These will make sure you have a smooth application each time and will protect your skin from becoming damaged.
Yes, at times there is more to sunscreen than just making sure it has the right SPF level. You also have to consider if it is water resistant as well as if it has skincare ingredients like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide in it. Check out the pros and cons of using Sheer Joy Sunscreen SPF 50+ from your local dermatologist in Bergen, check out below so that you can see if it is for you.
- It’s water-resistant and will last through sweat and humidity, so you can wear it all day long without worrying about reapplying.
- help to reduce the chances of developing wrinkles or lines on your face as well as making it look younger than before.
- The product comes in a convenient bottle that you can carry around with you while traveling or going to work without worrying about spilling any contents on your clothes or other items inside your bag.
- It won’t clog pores or cause breakouts, making it ideal for people who suffer from acne or other skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis.
- It doesn’t leave a white residue on your skin like most other sunscreens do! This means you can wear it alone or under makeup without worrying about looking like an Oompa Loompa when you step outside into the sun.
- It doesn’t work well under makeup. If you’re using this sunscreen in place of foundation or powder, make sure that you apply it before putting on any other products so that it has time to dry before applying makeup over top. Otherwise, the sunscreen will rub off onto your clothes or face when you touch them later on in the day!
- It’s also not as easy to apply as some other sunscreens; you may find yourself using more than you need to cover your skin properly.
Steps in Using Sheer Joy Sunscreen
At some point in our lives, we’ve all probably neglected to wear sunscreen. It’s a big mistake on our part, as this product protects us from the harsh rays of sun and harmful ultraviolet radiation that it gives off. There are a lot of things you should take note of when applying this product, so I’ll now walk you through the steps on how you can use Sheer Joy Sunscreen SPF 50+.
Step 1: Apply sunscreen to dry skin at least 15 minutes before going outside.
Step 2: Use enough sunscreen to cover all exposed areas of your body, including the backs of your hands, feet and face.
Step 3: Be sure to apply Sheer Joy Sunscreen SPF 50+ liberally and evenly to all exposed areas of your skin, including your ears, nose and lips (if possible).
Step 4: Reapply Sheer Joy Sunscreen SPF 50+ whenever you like or after swimming or sweating heavily and always after towel drying or vigorous activity such as sports; even waterproof sunscreens need re-application after being in water or perspiring heavily!
My Thoughts of Using Sheer Joy Sunscreen
I am a big fan of this sunscreen. I have been using it for about a year now, and it has become my go-to for all my outdoor activities.
First off, the consistency is so smooth and creamy that it glides on easily without leaving any white residue behind. It feels like you’re putting on lotion rather than sunscreen! The smell is also really nice–not overpowering or chemically-scented at all, just kind of fresh and clean.
The texture is great too: it’s not too thick or thin; it doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy or oily; and it doesn’t run into your eyes when you sweat (which happens often when you’re outside working).
I also love how easy it is to apply! The bottle has an applicator pump that makes it super easy to get every last drop out of the bottle without wasting any product at all–which means less money spent on buying more bottles in the future!
In addition, I have sensitive skin, so I’m always wary of what products I use on my face. This product did not irritate my skin or cause any breakouts at all! In fact, after using this product for a while now, my skin has never been so soft.
All in all, this is definitely one of my favorite sunscreens–and if you’re looking for something new to try out yourself then I would highly recommend giving this product a try!
How does Sheer Joy Sunscreen feel on my skin?
Sheer Joy sunscreen feels like a sheer, sheer, sheer veil of protection. It’s lightweight and silky, but it doesn’t feel sticky or greasy. It also doesn’t leave your skin feeling dry or tight—it leaves you with a soft, smooth, comfortable feeling that lasts all day.
It is made with active ingredients that give you broad-spectrum protection from the sun without leaving your skin feeling irritated or exposed to harmful rays. That’s why we recommend this sunscreen for everyone—even people who are sensitive to chemical sunscreens.
Effectiveness of Sheer Joy Sunscreen
Sheer Joy Sunscreen SPF+50 is a highly effective sunscreen that protects your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. It contains ingredients that provide UVA and UVB protection, as well as antioxidants to help fight free radicals and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
Sheer Joy Sunscreen SPF+50 also has a light texture that doesn’t leave a greasy residue on your skin, so you can wear it all day long without feeling uncomfortable or looking like you’ve applied too much product.
This product is also incredibly gentle on your skin, so it won’t irritate sensitive areas like around your eyes or mouth area if you tend to get those areas irritated easily when using other products like this one does not cause any irritation whatsoever when used correctly according to label instructions
Conclusion: Sheer Joy Sunscreen Review
This Sheer Joy Sunscreen is truly an essential and a must-have when it comes to protecting your skin. It has been proven to provide superb protection against the sun and the risk of skin cancer. The product can also be used in moisturizing your skin and so, it not only protects you from the harmful effects of the sun but it also treats your skin for other problems like wrinkles or dryness. With its use, you can forget about the worry of getting skin cancer.
Meet Keziah Wheeler, the founder of Videri Skincare, a company that specializes in sulfate-free shampoo and body wash. Keziah’s passion for skincare began when she was a teenager struggling with acne. After trying countless products that made her skin worse, she started researching the ingredients in her products and discovered that sulfates were a common irritant.
Determined to create a line of products that was gentle and effective, Keziah and her brother Austin, spent years perfecting their family formulas. She sourced natural, organic ingredients that were free from sulfates, parabens, and other harmful chemicals. She also worked with a team of dermatologists to ensure that her products were safe for all skin types.
Videri Skincare is thus born. Check out top selling Videri Zero Sulfate Body Wash HERE.