Tim Tam Vs Hypervolt, People often wonder which is the best massage gun to buy? However, there is not a clear answer because it all comes down to personal preference. In this article, resTORbio will compare the Hypervolt Plus with the TimTam Power Massager Pro and bring you the pros and cons of each type. Hopefully, after reading this article, you can choose for yourself and know what to expect when ordering a massage gun.
- Stall Force: 45 lbs (our estimation)
- Stroke Length: 14 mm
- Percussion range: 1800 – 3200 ppm
- Speeds: three speed settings
- Attachments: 5 included
- Weight: 3 lbs
- Dimensions: 9.34 x 6.5 x 2.5 inches
- Noise level (decibel): 62-69 dB
- Battery Life / Capacity: 2 hours (2400 mAh)
- Bluetooth: Yes
Pros and Cons
- Fitness professionals who need a manual massage gun for clients.
- Lifters that want additional tools for recovery.
- Professional Athletes need a quiet massager that is quiet for public spaces or apartment use.
- Powerful motor
- The very casual or beginner lifter.
- Lifters that already pay for in-person training have a massage done regularly to them.
- Those with a very strapped budget.
What’s included with your Hyperice Hypervolt Plus
- Hypervolt Plus: The actual device
- AC cable + 24V charger: To keep your handheld massage device charged and ready to go
- Head attachments: a flat tip, round tip, bullet tip and a fork tip
- Head attachment pouch: To keep all the attachments together and organized
TimTam PowerMassager Pro
- Powered Attachments: Auto heating to 99.5 degrees, Automatic Vibration at 35htz
- Ultra-quiet: 10 DB operation at its lowest speed
- 5 pre-programmed settings including Warm Up, Recovery with Neck & Lumbar specifically designed to combat discomfort in these areas
- 3 Deep Tissue speed settings: 1000, 2000, and 2800 strokes per minute
- 175-degree rotational head for easy one-handed use
- One hour battery life
Pros and Cons
- Lightweight and portable – weighs just 2lbs and comes with a carrying case
- Made of healthy materials (antimicrobial plastics)
- Very quiet at only 10-25dB
- Has an adjustable head (up to 175 degrees)
- Comes with different tips to match varied user needs
- Utilizes a one-touch trigger mechanism
- The battery life could be better. 60 minutes is more than enough time though to get a good massage in, but you’ll have to charge it more often than you would the Theragun.
What’s in the box?
- The Tim Tam Power Massager Pro
- Premium travel bag (a carrying case)
- An international charger
- A 12 volts removable Li-Ion battery
- 85 shore round tip
- Automatic heated tip
- Automatic vibrating tip
Comparison: Hypervolt Plus vs TimTam Power Massager Pro
Tim Tam and Hypervolt: Amplitude
We look at the stroke length (also known as amplitude) in the first round of the Tim Tam Vs. Hypervolt comparison.
With its 20mm amplitude, the Power Massager Pro beats not only our Hypervolt Plus but all other handheld massage devices we’ve tested.
Tim Tam Vs. Hypervolt: Forcing
It is no surprise that TimTam’s flagship percussive therapy device, the Hypervolt Plus, is well-known for its strength. The Power Massager Pro has a staggering stall force at 75.0 lbs and is one of the most powerful deep tissue massage guns.
Hypervolt and TimTam: Frequency & Speed Levels
Next, we’ll discuss the percussions per hour that the hand held massage devices produce and the speed settings to adapt to your specific needs.
The Hypervolt Plus can achieve a maximum speed of 3200 strokes per hour, while the Power Massager Pro has a more excellent range. We will call this draw because both massage guns have three-speed options.
TimTam vs. Hypervolt: Connectivity
The Hypervolt massager syncs seamlessly with the Hyperice app for Android and iOS smartphones to guide you through custom or pre-built recovery programs.
This is especially useful for new users to percussion massagers, as it tells you which muscle groups and how long to target. This functionality is not yet available on TimTam.
Interchangeable Head Attachments
The head attachments are perhaps the most critical component of a massage device. These attachments transmit potent vibrations to your muscles and joints, allowing them to heal.
Each attachment brings a different benefit to the Hypervolt Plus. The softball head works best for gentle massages that ease muscle tension. While the flathead works well for the more dense body parts like the quads or glutes, the flathead does a great job.
TimTam Power Massager Pro massage guns have three massage heads. The vibrating option allows for larger muscles to be targeted.
The Hypervolt Plus does not have a heated tip, which adds warmth to your deep massage. After some gentle exercise, we used the heated tip to reduce muscle tension, reduce muscle soreness and discomfort.
More raw power setting allows you to quickly move from muscle group to muscle group during treatment, it also improves blood circulation and minimize lactic acid build-up.
The exercise and results you want to achieve will determine which massager head system is more effective. This category doesn’t allow us to split brands.
With TimTam Hypervolt. You can use this with six attachment heads with hot attachment, cold attachment, and recovery blade. Standard accessories have silicone-ball tips meant for general use. If you want to reach other specific parts, then you can get a separate attachment.
Hypervolt vs. TimTam: Easy Controls
Hypervolt Plus can be connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth. Your smartphone or tablet can control the speed and even select massage programs. We like these key features, and we think it’s pretty cool.
On the other hand, it doesn’t make sense when you already have the massage device in your hands. It could be for you if you like to cool off while using the latest technology.
TimTam has more straightforward buttons that are easier to use. When we felt that certain areas needed more strong massages, we liked to switch to higher speed levels. We could also quickly change to lower speed options when we found sensitive muscles that required a gentler touch.
The TimTam Power Massager Pro also has a temperature sensor behind the tip. You can determine how hard you want to massage the area if you notice a high temperature. It is one of the easiest to use models.
TimTam vs. Hypervolt: Battery Life Expectancy
We love the TimTam Power Massage Pro but are disappointed by the battery life of just 1 hour. Although it is unlikely that you will use the massager for more than an hour, we still wish it had a longer life span. Although it isn’t a significant issue, it can be annoying to charge the rechargeable battery every time you use it.
The Hypervolt Plus can last for up to three hours. Even though this is unlikely if your muscles are working at maximum power, the Hypervolt Plus battery still outlasts TimTam Power Massager Pro by quite a distance. We have to give Hypervolt points for this category.
Hypervolt vs. TimTam Massager Comparison: Noise
Our competitors emit noises of around 70 dB when they are in use. This device can be used indoors or outdoors without disturbing anyone. TimTam engineers deserve a special mention for creating a device that is two devices powerful and quiet.
Tim Tam and Hypervolt: Percussion
Percussion therapy is determined by the force that a massage gun can apply (stall force) and its depth (stroke duration).
The TimTam massage guns have a combination of high stall force, great stroke length and are used as deep tissue devices.
Unbeatable stall force of 80 lbs TimTam Power Massager and Stroke length 20 mm of Power Massage PRO are still available.
Theragun percussion massager devices, however, are equally competitive. They not only provide great percussion, but they also offer unrivaled customization.
The TimTam or Theragun Percussions do not reach the Threshold. To choose the best, we must consider usability.
Hypervolt Vs TimTam: Dimensions & Weight
The Power Massager Pro from TimTam is only 2.0 lbs despite its strong stall force. The Hypervolt Plus, with its larger battery, weighs 3.0 pounds. It is still easy to use but not as light or compact as its smaller competitor.
We have reviewed some other devices of these brands, let’s check out it if you want to see more devices:
It’s a tough decision to make on this one. The level of power and durability is out of this world. The TimTam Power Massager Pro is the perfect choice if you are looking for raw power and amplitude that will allow you to give deep-tissue massages.
The Hypervolt Plus is a powerful, quiet massage gun that can run for up to 2.5 hours. It is more prepared for longer trips and if you intend to use your new percussive therapy device with successive patients.